Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today, but it can also be one of the most frustrating. In our blog post, we will discuss why Instagram keeps crashing and what to do when this happens.
Most users of Instagram have experienced what appears to be an issue with the app crashing. This can be very frustrating for any user, but there are definitely ways to fix the problem.
Your Instagram may be crashing when:
- trying to open it
- trying to use the camera
- trying to post a story
- trying to upload a video
- trying to open DMs and a few other instances
First and foremost:
Why Does Instagram Keep Crashing?
What is causing Instagram to crash? As we all know, technology has endless glitches that can make our life a living hell! It’s always better to have an idea of what might cause this issue rather than just guessing.
The following could be some of the reasons why your Instagram keeps crashing:
- too many notifications
- incompatibility with the Android version of your phone
- problematic Instagram settings (usually on the user’s end)
- weak internet connection or signal
- unstable wifi
- apps running in the background
- illicit or malicious apps
What to Do When Instagram Keeps Crashing
When your Instagram crashes and you’re at your wit’s end, what can be done to fix it?
There are a few ways to solve the problem of your Instagram crashing.
First of all, make sure that you have the latest version of Instagram and a stable wifi connection. If your Instagram app needs updating, make sure to update it and check if the problem has been fixed.
You should also check on what apps are running in the background and see if there’s anything that shouldn’t be running at all (especially a malware app).
If the problem persists, try rebooting your phone and see if it fixes anything.
Another fix you can try is restarting your wifi router and see if the problem has been fixed.
If all of these don’t help, what you can do next is to uninstall the app from your phone for a while, delete Instagram’s data on your device (which includes logging out and back in), or factory resetting it all together.
Why does Instagram keep crashing on my device?
There could be several reasons why Instagram keeps crashing on your device. It could be due to outdated software, insufficient storage space, or conflicts with other apps running in the background. Additionally, there may be a bug or glitch in the app that's causing it to crash.
What should I do if Instagram keeps crashing on my device?
There are several steps you can take if Instagram keeps crashing on your device, including:
1. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can resolve the issue.
2. Update the app: Make sure that you're using the latest version of the Instagram app. If you're not, update the app from your device's app store.
3. Clear cache and data: Clearing the cache and data of the Instagram app can help resolve issues related to app performance.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the app: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling the Instagram app from your device and then reinstalling it.
5. Contact Instagram support: If you've tried all of the above steps and Instagram still keeps crashing, you may need to contact Instagram support for further assistance.
How can I prevent Instagram from crashing in the future?
To prevent Instagram from crashing in the future, make sure that you have enough storage space on your device and that your device's software is up to date. You should also try to limit the number of apps running in the background when you're using Instagram. Additionally, if you notice that Instagram crashes after performing a particular action, avoid that action until Instagram releases an update to resolve the issue.
What if Instagram still keeps crashing even after trying all the steps?
If Instagram still keeps crashing even after trying all the steps, you may need to reset your device to its factory settings. Before doing this, make sure to back up all your data to prevent any data loss. Additionally, if your device is still under warranty, you may be able to get it repaired or replaced by the manufacturer.
- Related post: How to add more than 30 hashtags on your Instagram posts
When this happens, don’t panic! You should try the solutions we shared above. If you have any questions about how to fix an app that keeps crashing or problems with uploading content on Instagram, please leave them in the comments below. We’re happy to help!
- Related post: How to see who unfollowed you on Instagram